Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
The Dexcom Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems are aimed at people with type 1 or type 2 diabetes who need to monitor their blood sugar levels. Our Dexcom CGM system consists of a sensor, inserted under the skin to measure the level of glucose in the interstitial fluid (fluid in the tissue), eliminating the need for fingersticks. Our Dexcom CGM Systems have customisable alerts to warn users of dangerous glucose levels, even while they are asleep.
This new role of International Consumer Marketing Specialist will be instrumental in launching and maximising on-line sales of our Dexcom products in several new markets in EMEA, a key role in Dexcom expansion strategy. This role is home based, open to anyone located in the UK, Belgium and Switzerland. We’re in search of someone with Direct-to-Consumer marketing experience to create and deliver campaigns that will build our brand awareness and grow our sales. You must have a proven track record of using a large array of advertising channels to maximise audience reach and engagement, especially in an eCommerce environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In this role you will report to the EMEA Marketing Manager for Emerging Markets and work closely with the Health Care Professional Marketing Specialist to provide consistency across the brand. Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Know your customers and markets in and out
- Digest and leverage all market research studies on CGM market and users
- Work with the Market research and Customer Experience teams or directly with customers to get all the necessary insights that will drive a competitive advantage through your work
- Work with the business development directors to know the specificities of each new market (competitors, regulations, marketing channels, influencers etc…)
- Launch Dexcom products in new geographies across EMEA
- Support all elements of the marketing mix for consumers through a multichannel approach, leading on certain initiatives and projects for self-funding patients
- Execute on digital strategy, content creation and analytics for digital and social platforms
- Develop and manage consumer market collateral generation from concept, market-testing, review and release.
- Initiate and lead the copy review process to gain timely approval for external release of all content and materials.
- Lead advertising campaigns that will drive on-line revenues
- Implement campaigns that drive on-line purchases and customer acquisition across a range of channels including PPC, SEO, email, programmatic advertising, paid and owned social media and owned events including webinars.
- Support the execution of PR, media and advertising plans to build awareness of the Dexcom brand.
- Run the consumer advocacy programme and oversee community relationships, in collaboration with our PR agency partner.
- Ensure that brand and identity is adhered to in campaigns and in all communication channels.
- Co-ordinating internal marketing.
- Measure, analyse and improve
- Track metrics of success to measure ROI of marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with the eCommerce team to identify opportunities to improve our ecommerce websites, analyse ROI of each campaign.
- Lead efforts to improve the eCommerce websites, by the creation of new content or features.
- Taking budgetary responsibility.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The successful candidate will have:
- Consumer marketing experience with a demonstrated record of modern marketing execution, launches and business plan development, including calculating and controlling budgets, and/or classical marketing training.
- Experience in maximisation of sales through eCommerce websites, in the healthcare or consumer markets.
- Experience in creation of multi-channel marketing campaigns (including website content) intended at end-users of healthcare devices or similar advanced technology.
- Strong analytical skills, with a good grasp of Excel/data packages and understanding of web analytics.
- Experience in/or aptitude to learn key technologies: Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Content Management Systems, Mailchimp, Datarama, Google Analytics, Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Facebook, Instagram.
- A good knowledge of building, and gaining alignment to, a suite of reporting metrics that drive ROI and inform performance.
- A deep appreciation for detail and executional excellence. You will be insights-driven and excited to roll-up your sleeves to deliver exceptional quality at speed.
- Experience working with legal, regulatory and marketing agencies would be advantageous.
You will be:
- Highly fluent in English and possibly another language.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented – a self-starter who embraces a fast-paced environment and is unfazed working with tight deadlines.
- A team player, with a strong attention to detail and great presentation skills.
- A good communicator with the ability to work on a completely remote environment with team members across the globe.
- Highly organised with exceptional planning skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years marketing experience or equivalent with medical device experience or consumer marketing preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organisation.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic, innovative and progressive multinational organisation.
- You will be part of a high growth company with a true purpose and have the ability to shape and influence, making a real difference to those living with Diabetes.
- Opportunity to carve out a long-term career.
- Access to outstanding training and development programmes.
- Work with over 5,000 awesome colleagues in an open, fast-paced and fun working environment.